Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The lovely GOCCO!

Well, I finally put my awesome gocco to work. And boy, does it take some practice and patience. Anyways, I'm going to attempt to explain how this thing works as best I can. So, here's the machine:



Its a small Japanese printer that you ink yourself after your burn the image onto a silkscreen. This is a photo of the gocco opened up. It requires 2 flash bulbs and a new screen each time you burn an image onto the screen, which is inserted into the small light blue area.



After you burn the image to the screen by exposing it with flash bulbs, you ink your image. After inking the image, your screen looks like this:


A mess. Its pretty much magic I'd say... how this thing works. For my first project I think I was pretty successful. However, this is actually a dual post... announcing our ENGAGEMENT!!! Since I am a designer, of course everything in our wedding will be designed by me (and the help and input of my wonderful fiance). Let me know what you think of them! Here's the final project, in its mass :) and also the hand-made envelopes that I made to complete the unique design for our party!

Please feel free to contact me for a special and unique project!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...